Saturday, August 29, 2009

Touchdown

This is gonna be a real short update as my uncle's gonna bring me around in a minute. So I landed in Vancouver around 10.30 am on Saturday Malaysian time after what seemed like a lifetime on the plane. It's gonna take a couple of days at least to regain senses in my hip area. The doctor said physical therapy might be a possibility as well. Anyway, will update later tonight.

EDIT:
It's 4.30 and I'm calling it night so here I go. For the time being, I'll be coming online using one of my uncle's PC's in his study. It's not that my notebook is broken or anything, I'm just too lazy to set it up. haha.

So, after what seemed like eternity on the airplane, I arrived in Vancouver around 7.30pm. First thing that came to mind was the state of my now infirmed buttocks thanks to 11 hours of sitting, sitting and sitting. Pulling myself out of my sedentary position took a valiant effort. I think I should be awarded a medal or something.

Anyway, after the perfunctory 'thank you for flying with China Airline' announcement, I made my way down the crowded aisle and out the hatch, mentally bracing myself for the oncoming culture shock that I assumed was gonna hit me the first thing I step out of the plane. Surprisingly, it didn't come. Correction. It hasn't come. Yes, I'm still rather listless about this affair as a whole. Can't say the same about my dad though. He looks like he just overdosed on laughing gas. haha

Afterwards, my dad and I had to part ways for awhile while at the airport seeing as I'm in Canada as a student as opposed to my dad who's here for recreational purposes. International students arriving in Canada have to first check-in with the imigration office. After having my student visa certified, I exited the immigration area to the luggage collection area where my dad was. Following the collection of my four luggage bags, I proceeded to next aisle-like area where friends and family welcome the new arrivers. Met up with my uncle and his family at the end of the aisle and exchanged those warm obligatory words rife in family reunions.

We didn't tarry around too long as we were all fiending for some food so we made our way to my uncle's Honda Acura. Hoisting my luggage into the boot was a real test of strength especially in the famished state I was in. After some discussion, we decided to have A&W for dinner since my aunt had coupons. I'm not really a fan of fast food joint burgers but the Mozza burger I had there was oh-so-delicious. We headed straight for home after that. After heaving the luggage up to where I was sleeping, my dad and I took turns washing up and finally, hit the sack. Goodnight.

That was end of day one. Or day quarter. I dunno. I'm tired so pardon my sloppy writing. Will upload the pics as soon as I get my notebook set up.







4 comments:

dirt said...

put some chick pics la.tats the whole point rite

Antonio said...

oh im sure they will let me take pics of them. btw, i saw this super hot chick manning some sales booth at walmart today.

Anonymous said...

whaddaya mean dear dad's overloaded on laughing gas? dun think he'll use his fake accent on uncle alvin since they converse in hainanese. or do they?

Antonio said...

well, there are words and chains of words that can't be expressed in his mother tongue.