Saturday, May 24, 2008

Random Thoughts

Just thought I should unload some random thoughts that have been irking me for more than a minute now.

I hate arguing with fools and yet I'm so disposed to engage them in an argument in hopes of enlightening them on certain issues. Well, I guess people like these just aren't capable of partaking in intellectual discussions.

In spite of the fact that I do feel lonely at times, I refuse to go in search of love and companionship. In other words, I am in a dilemma. So lets try to evaluate the pros and cons of getting a girlfriend.

Pros:

  1. Companionship.
  2. Sex.
  3. Erm... nada.
  4. Still nada.
  5. ... I give up.
Cons:
  1. Gaping holes in my wallet
  2. Heartbreak.
  3. Lovers' spats.
  4. Twenty-two-hour days(pointless phone chat).
  5. Loss of ability to rationalize.
  6. Countless over-the-top chick flicks.
  7. Loss of contact with friends.
  8. The need to bathe more often(haha).
  9. The need to dress smart.(I hate dressing up. If I could, I would fuckin go to college in my underpants)
  10. Being flaunted to all her girl friends like a piece of jewelry or a new boob job.
As you see, the cons heavily outweigh the pros so my decision not to pursue love is a very logical one. Haha.

Moving on.

I'm constantly worrying about my future and what it will be like if I fail further my education in some western country(preferably Canada). I don't wanna resign myself to the mundane life of a working adult before having the chance to live life to the fullest.

I hate how the people I consider close to me mock and ridicule me for being different as opposed to those not so close to me yet support and accept me for who I am. Maybe I have my priorities all wrong.

Before I sign off, I wanna drop a quote that I find somewhat inspiring.
'And they will call me wise, even though I am not.' - Socrates

Peace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lolx. if u really love the girl, all those "cons" will be worth it. and btw, don't care what people think. it's ur life, so live it the way you want to. ^^

Anonymous said...

Haha thanks for the advice but its much easier said than done.

Nabilah said...

Haha. To an extent, I agree with Poh Nee. There are pros and cons in everything.

And seriously, studying in another country isn't all that ya know... You can still live life the way you want to right here. No need to go elsewhere~

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it aint all it is made out to be but somehow I feel like my future doesnt rest here. Besides, I know once I start working full time, I doubt I will have another chance to go see the world or just a part of it.