Saturday, May 10, 2008

Paper Heart

Something from last year. Not directed to anyone in particular. Just decided to try my hand at something emo.

Verse 1:
Amidst the melancholic melody, you can hear a tortured soul
A paper heart, crumpled up, torn and thrown
scribbled with messages of love, reasons to celebrate
and the three special words that would never fade
'I love you’ signified your sweet and vibrant self
And it will never cease despite heaven or hell
The abbreviation of all the emotions too hard to tell
To the depth of the skies and seas it would dwell
And resonate with the lyrics of every serenade
I’ve played for you at our secret spot by the lake
About no matter what, our love won’t ever change
And never separate even after the end of days
And when comes our time to leave for a better place
We’ll go with fingers intertwined, hands engaged
Once we approach the stations where divine sentries wait
We’ll go up and proclaim our love to them as we walkthrough heavens gates


Verse 2:
It’s 3 in the morning and I still ain’t sleeping yet
Reminiscing of all the dreams I had now ripped to shreds
Supposely endless words, crushed just like that
Along with the hopes that made me believe in us to death
Through the faintest of breath and the pain of regret
Trynna reassemble whatever pieces of my sanity’s left
But will it ever make sense and return to my passionate ways
Or will I stay lost forever, never to find my direction again
And I will traverse the earth just to search for the words
Use them to wipe my eyes dry which are flooding with tears
From trying to forget the serene pictures of your beautiful face
And fitting pieces of our bodies whenever we embrace
The drawing of you and me leaning on the hood of my car
While I marvel at your sparkling eyes when you look at the stars
Promises and dreams of my future, gone, all torn apart
Never again I will let anyone steal my paper heart

No comments: